Dear Member / Parent / Guardian
Following today's update from the Government on the Coronavirus, we have been informed that, sadly, Fanshawe Pool and Gym will close on Saturday 21st March until further notice.
As a result, there will be no Club training sessions after today, 20th March. In order to minimize the financial impact, we would be grateful if you could take the following action:
Monthly payment of training fees
If you pay your training fees by monthly standing order, please cancel your standing order as soon as possible to avoid payment being taken in April. Unfortunately the Club doesn't have the resources to process refunds so it's important that you cancel the monthly standing order. Please note that it can take up to 5 days to do this.
Six months payment of training fees
If you pay your training fees for 6 months in advance, the Club will review the amount you are owed once the pool re-opens. The amount owed will then be deducted from the next 6 monthly payment which is currently due on 1st July.
For example, if Fanshawe Pool is closed for one month and you swim once a week, the monthly payment of £16 will be deducted from the £96 that is currently due on 1st July. If you train twice a week, the monthly payment of £32 will be deducted from the £192 that is currently due on 1st July.
The situation with the Coronavirus is unprecedented and we would like to thank you for your continued support and patience during this very challenging and uncertain time.
We will update you as soon as we have more information on when Fanshawe pool will re-open. Updates will be sent out via email and posted on the club website.
In the meantime, the coaching team is putting together land-based training programs and links to online information for continued fitness and details will be sent out in the coming days.
We hope that all our members and their families will stay safe and healthy and we look forward to seeing you at training once Fanshawe pool re-opens.
Coronavirus Update 16-Mar
Dear Member / Parent / Guardian
Please find a link to the latest update on the Coronavirus from Swim England
Swim England has decided to cancel all National Events until the end of May. In their statement, they also say:
Sadly, this virus is impacting our sport at a key time for open meets and regional championships. Whilst Swim England cannot dictate to regions and clubs, we do strongly recommend that, for the health and wellbeing of our membership, the advice of the Government is heeded.
“At present the Government has not closed schools or restricted school activity and therefore we do not see any reason why clubs should not continue with their training programmes in their own environment within the guidelines of the facility."
For now, training sessions will continue to run at Fanshawe Pool and Gym. If the decision is taken to close the pool, we will update you as soon as we can and provide further details about training fees.
The safety and welfare of our swimmers and everyone associated with the Club is our top priority. We will update you when we have more information and we thank you for your patience and understanding at this challenging and uncertain time.
Major League R3 cancelled
Major league R3 sadly has now been cancelled.
Dear Member / Parent / Guardian,
In the light of the Coronavirus outbreak, please find below the latest update from Swim England:
Swim England is continuing to follow Government and Public Health England guidance over staging events in the light of the coronavirus outbreak and we will review the situation at a meeting next week.
“We are continuing to evaluate what is an ongoing situation and we will be meeting with our colleagues at British Swimming on Monday to undertake another risk assessment for forthcoming events before deciding the next course of action. In the meantime, we would encourage everyone taking part in all our aquatic sports to enjoy the competitions but be mindful of the advice from the Government and Public Health England.
Further details are available on the Swim England website in the News section:
March 13: Swim Englands latest position regarding forthcoming sporting events and the Coronavirus click here.
March 12: Swim England statement regarding forthcoming sporting events and the Coronavirus click here.
• Forthcoming open meets are still taking place until we receive notification from the event organisers that the meet is being cancelled. We will inform you as soon as we know.
• Major League Round 3 is scheduled to take place on Saturday 28 March although we still have not received details for the venue and lane draw
• If a swimmer or family member has flu-like symptoms, a fever and persistent cough, please can we ask that you follow the Government and Public Health England Guidelines.
We will send further updates once we receive additional details from Swim England.